Saturday, December 03, 2005

winnipegsun.com - Election News - Target wait times

winnipegsun.com - Election News - Target wait times: "Penalizing or banning private clinics from selling diagnostic testing and other health care services is counter-productive -- if not illegal -- to the public health care system, says Conservative leader Stephen Harper.
'I don't see how it ever benefits a system -- public or private -- to start shutting down health care services,' said Harper, who was in Winnipeg yesterday morning during a stopover en route to Regina. 'People who talk like that are giving an ideological response.'
Harper said his government's solution would be to reduce wait lists for cancer treatment, diagnostic testing and other health care treatment, thereby eliminating the demand for private user-pay services.
'There will be no private, parallel system,' said Harper, noting his government will provide an acceptable publicly-funded health care system for all Canadians.
The crux of the Tory health care platform is a wait-time guarantee that ensures all patients receive treatment within a clinically-acceptable timeframe"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe winnipegsun.com - Election News - Target wait times! Q-jumpers, that is simply amazing. I appreciate the informative post. It was very interesting reading. In my quest for information to satisfy my subscribers for http://www.alternativehealthreporter.com I ran across your blog. I was out searching for alternative health product today, but feel I have accessed so much more. Now I feel more informed on the subject. Great post!